Albany Filmmakers Showcase: Free Category for All Albany Residents
SUBMISSIONS CLOSED - start planning your entry for next year!
If you’re from Albany, and you’ve made a film, Albany FilmFest wants to see it and maybe even screen it during our film festival. It can happen to you.
Just ask Albany’s Linda Reeves. Her first film, the 11-minute dark comedy thriller Bones and Skins, was shot in Albany and starred her entire family. And it was wildly applauded when it premiered on the big screen at Landmark’s Albany Twin as part of the first-ever Albany Filmmakers’ Showcase at last year’s Albany FilmFest. “Participating in Albany FilmFest was one of the most fun things our family has done,” says Reeves.
The free, fun, and noncompetitive Albany Filmmakers Showcase is open to filmmakers of any age or experience level. There are only two rules: films must be less than 30 minutes long, and the filmmaker must be from Albany, California.
- You must live in Albany, California, or have grown up in Albany to enter.
- Short films only—under 30 minutes.
- No entry fee, all ages and experience levels welcome
- Albany teachers/community group leaders – group projects welcome
- Deadline for submission: December 16, 2016
Submit through FilmFreeway.com: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/AlbanyFilmFest